Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Brandon.

Yesterday was my boyfriend's birthday. My boyfriend, Brandon. He has always wondered why I refer to him only as "my boyfriend" in posts, and not as "Brandon." I honestly don't know why I did that, but I do know I'm lucky to have him by my side. He's a marketing major here at OSU, and he points out some pretty interesting stuff. I love watching TV or riding in the car with him because of the commercials and billboards. He points out some of the most interesting things.

For example, Brandon was watching an infomercial one late Friday night (early Saturday morning). They were selling knives that never dull. However, with the purchase of a set of knives, you received a knife sharpener for free! So he calls the number listed at the bottom of the screen to ask just why they offer a knife sharpener for knives that never dull. Needless to say, they hung up on him. They weren't doing a very good job of branding.

But noticing the little things like knife sharpeners can lead to great success later. As the holiday season is upon us, don't get lazy in your work - homework included! Keep your eyes sharp and your ears open. You never know what might pop up!

Bran: I tried to post yesterday, but every time I tried to visit the home page to log in, my browser closed! So, sorry your birthday post is a day late, Brandon. It is still written with love!

No comments: