Thursday, December 11, 2008

Stand by your brand (not man, Tammy Wynette!)

I recently helped my mom order some holiday cards from Wal-Mart's photo center. We did everything online, and chose to have them shipped to our house. Well, they were supposed to arrive last Thursday, but never did. My anxious mother wanted to get the cards sent to family/friends, so on Tuesday I e-mailed Wal-Mart's customer service to check on the items.

(Normally I wouldn't have done this because it's the holidays and mail can simply take longer than normal. However, the tracking number given in the e-mail confirmation of the order did not work. When I contacted UPS about it, they had no record of that tracking number. I thought perhaps the order didn't go through.)

The cards arrived in the mail Tuesday. They were perfect, just late. However, Wal-Mart is providing a refund to us for the greeting cards because they took so long to arrive. Talk about satisfaction guaranteed!

Way to go, Wal-Mart, for standing by your brand. Your slogan Save Money, Live Better seems to be true. I've never been so impressed and satisified with an online purchase as I am today. Thank you.

Stand by your brand. Make sure everything you're doing (and all the people who work for you are doing) the right things. Customer service is so important, and can make or break future purchases from your customers.

No comments: